iPhoto Help

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Anoi, May 24, 2006.

1. Anoi macrumors member

I'm using iPhoto, but when i plug in my camera to import new images, it will only let me import all of what is on the card, and there seems to be no way for me to select specific images. Is this actually possible? It seems like a simple thing to me, and i'm suprised that i can't find it!

If anyone has a solution then that would be great :)

Thanks

2. peterparker macrumors regular

peterparker

I've never seen a way to do it with iPhoto. Aperture yes, maybe Image Capture.

3. blodwyn macrumors 65816

I haven't got a camera handy, but it may be possble to cancel the import, then browse the camera in Finder, and manually drag the files you want to import into iPhoto. Either that or plug the camera memory card into a card reader and do it that way.

4. Anoi thread starter macrumors member

I don't have a card reader for this camera (it's the small cards, i forget what they are called) as it only has one card anyway :) So i'm trying to find a way to do this. When the camera is connected i can't see it in finder?

5. blodwyn macrumors 65816

Dang, my only suggestion is to get a cheap card reader. You can probably pick one up for ~$10.

6. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

Use Image Capture.app instead of iPhoto to capture the photos you your machine. It lets you choose which files to import. You will then have to add them it iPhoto.

Submit a suggestion to Apple to implement this in the next version if iPhoto. Behind the scenes it uses the same framework as Image Capture to get the photos so it should be possible.

7. Anoi thread starter macrumors member