iPhoto HELP!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by jason2811, Jun 19, 2006.

1. jason2811 macrumors 6502a

I need some help here with iPhoto. I want to know how to add a picture to a roll after that roll has been created. For example, I went to Greece and added all my pictures from Greece into iPhoto as a roll. Now a friend has sent me some pics that he took on the trip also and I would like to add those pics to the roll I had previosly imported. How can I do this?

Everytime I drag in the pic that my friend sent me it puts it in a new roll. I want it to be a part of a previous roll. How? Thanks.

2. TechnoPagan macrumors regular

It sounds like you want to create an album, not a roll. Click the little "+" sign (or File --> New Album) and give the album a name (ie, "Greece"). Import all the pictures to the library. Then import all the photos you want from your library to the new album

3. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

Select the pictures after import into the new roll and drag them to the header of the roll you want them in.

B

4. jason2811 thread starter macrumors 6502a

well I have my iPhoto set up like this- I make an album out of each roll I import. So if I impoted all my birthday pics I would name that roll B-Day Pics and then make an album of those pics with the exact same name B-Day pics. In addition my iPhoto is arranged to view by Roll. So if I friend sends my a pic that he took on my birthday and I wanted to add it to the roll that I made called "B-Day Pics" how would I do that? would it be possible?

because when I try it just creates a new roll from my friends pics

5. discoforce macrumors 6502a

discoforce

Did you try balamw's suggestion? It works on iPhoto 5 (thanks balamw).