iPhoto help

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by MoonShadow, Mar 5, 2004.

1. MoonShadow macrumors newbie

Is there any way to create a book in iPhoto and then send it to someone other than Apple for publishing? Or is there a way to copy a completed book to a CD?
    Thanks, MoonShadow

2. wordmunger macrumors 603

wordmunger

Hmmm... Not that I know of. Why don't you want to use Apple's service? I've made several of the books for family members and the quality and price is amazing. You could always make a book yourself by exporting the photos and assembling in Powerpoint or MS Word.

3. jxyama macrumors 68040

jxyama

once you finish laying out your pics in a book form, you can export as a PDF. you can put that on a CD...

4. MoonShadow thread starter macrumors newbie

When I create a book and go to file/export my only choices are, original,jpg,tiff and PNG. there is no option for PDF. I want to send my book layout to a publishing company for printing a large quanity of books and Apple publishing is just too expensive.

5. wordmunger macrumors 603

wordmunger

What do you know? All you have to do is select "print", then click on "save as PDF". Your book is saved, ready to copy to CD. I didn't know you could do that, but it works!

6. jxyama macrumors 68040

jxyama

sorry about not providing more details. wordmunger is correct, yes, you can print to PDF file. in fact, you can practically turn anything printable into PDF under OS X by choosing that option in the print option menu...

7. MoonShadow thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks you guy's it works. Now, if the publishing company can use the material in that format, I'm home free.

Thanks again

MoonShadow