iPhoto Images -> QT slideshow

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by kainjow, Sep 15, 2006.

1. kainjow Moderator emeritus

kainjow

I'm working on a slideshow for my mom's 60th b-day, and want to have a simple slideshow of the images with just a fade effect in between each image.

I can do this by exporting them in iPhoto as a QuickTime movie, but I want to then put that movie into iMovie, but when I import it, it loses the fade. This happens when I export the movie in QT Player also - there seems to be no way to retain that fade effect! :mad:

iMovie lets me import each image into separate clips, but these don't have fade effects and I don't want to have to manually put in fades in between each image (there are too many images).

Is there any simple way to do what I want? Apple's software is not coming through here... such a simple thing, yet I can't seem to figure it out :mad:

BTW I need this done by tomorrow.. I'm a bad procrastinator :p

2. road dog macrumors regular

3. theBB macrumors 68020

theBB

Just use "Share -> iDVD" from iPhoto when you are in your slideshow setup. It will create a .mov file in your Movies folder. You can drop it on iMovie and it will retain the fades, Ken Burns effects etc.

4. kainjow thread starter Moderator emeritus

kainjow

I ended up just making an iMovie manually (which I had to do anyways). I just imported the images from iPhoto, and added a cross dissolve transition in between each image clip. Was a pain because I was learning as I went, but now that I know, it's easy.