iPhoto Images -> QT slideshow

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by kainjow, Sep 15, 2006.

1. kainjow Moderator emeritus

Jun 15, 2000
    I'm working on a slideshow for my mom's 60th b-day, and want to have a simple slideshow of the images with just a fade effect in between each image.

I can do this by exporting them in iPhoto as a QuickTime movie, but I want to then put that movie into iMovie, but when I import it, it loses the fade. This happens when I export the movie in QT Player also - there seems to be no way to retain that fade effect! :mad:

iMovie lets me import each image into separate clips, but these don't have fade effects and I don't want to have to manually put in fades in between each image (there are too many images).

Is there any simple way to do what I want? Apple's software is not coming through here... such a simple thing, yet I can't seem to figure it out :mad:

BTW I need this done by tomorrow.. I'm a bad procrastinator :p
  2. road dog macrumors regular

Mar 12, 2004
  3. theBB macrumors 68020

Jan 3, 2006
    Just use "Share -> iDVD" from iPhoto when you are in your slideshow setup. It will create a .mov file in your Movies folder. You can drop it on iMovie and it will retain the fades, Ken Burns effects etc.
  4. kainjow thread starter Moderator emeritus

Jun 15, 2000
    I ended up just making an iMovie manually (which I had to do anyways). I just imported the images from iPhoto, and added a cross dissolve transition in between each image clip. Was a pain because I was learning as I went, but now that I know, it's easy.