iPhoto import help-dont want all pics form camera

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Sweener88, Oct 11, 2006.

1. Sweener88 macrumors 6502

Sweener88

Hi, i took a picture form my sisters camera and dont want to import all 200 of hers just to get mine, how can i control what is imported?

2. TheSailerMan macrumors member

When you attach the camera to the Mac, it should mount the camera to the desktop as a removable drive.

Just open the drive and find your picture file, then just click & drag it into iPhoto.

3. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

Connect the camera and quit iPhoto (if it launches automatically), then go find Image Capture in your applications folder and hit the download some option.

4. Sweener88 thread starter macrumors 6502

Sweener88

5. wattso macrumors regular

I posted in this old thread because its a related question, firstly thank you for the answer. But i can only import the pictures i want when i use image capture, my camera (canon ixus 400) does not appear as a removable drive on the desktop or in the finder? I know i can use image capture but i would prefer to do it the other way, anyone got any ideas? I do find it a bit silly that you can only import all your photos from the camera in iphoto though and you cant even view them unless you import. Its very complicated when you just want to upload one photo from your camera to a forum,going through image capture and all that, so i would be very grateful if anybody knows how to make my camera appear as a removable drive, i have done the preference in image capture to not open any application automatically. But it still doesn't appear

Thanks in advance
    wattso

6. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

Some cameras do not appear as external drives when connected directly. Your best bet may be to buy a separate card reader, which would then function as an external drive that you could navigate with the finder.