iPhoto Landscape Picture Problems

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by rdaly, Nov 5, 2006.

1. rdaly macrumors newbie

At work we have a Mac Book Pro running iphoto 6.0.5. The person that is using this has many pictures both in portrait and landscape layouts. Recently a problem has surfaced that when they click on any landscape photo thumbnails it comes up with a gray box with a dashed outlined frame with an exclamation point in the middle. The portrait pictures work fine. One thing I tried was to drag any landscape thumbnail to the desktop. Nothing happens. But it will transfer any portrait thumbnails to desktop. The person that owns this says this just started to happen, they said they did not do anything to the computer or do any upgrades? Any ideas. Thanks!

2. ero87 macrumors 65816

ero87

Hey, i had the exact same problem, and fixed it! Here's what i did (i hope i remember correctly):

1. Find the folder in which these photos are stored.
    2. Copy this folder, and put the copy on the desktop (or wherever).
    3. Go into iPhoto and delete all of the photos you are trying to fix.
    4. Drag the folder of copied photos into iPhoto, adding them to your library.

When I did this, the new files (for some reason) weren't corrupted. And I never had the problem again with future photos from the same camera.

Good luck, be careful to make the copies (and maybe test one or two out) before you delete anything.

3. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew