iPhoto Library question

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by kraftzwerg, Jul 11, 2006.

1. kraftzwerg macrumors regular

Jul 8, 2005
    Has anyone encountered this problem?

I copied my iPhoto (Version 5) Library from my Powerbook to a new Intel Mac Mini, which sports iPhoto version 6. When I try to open it on the Mini, it says it must upgrade the Library for the new version of iPhoto. Fine, so I chose to upgrade. But then it examines the library and reports that there are some file preferences problems in the library (i.e. I wouldn't have read+write access to all files). I checked using the get info command of the Finder and everything was in order. I even ran a "chmod -R u+w u+r" command manually on the library from the terminal window and also used the disk utility to repair file permissions on the entire hard disk. That still didn't help - iPhoto on the Mini simply won't take my Library! Aaarrrrgggh!

Please help if you can!
  2. theBB macrumors 68020

Jan 3, 2006
    Which files don't you have write access to? Can you check through the terminal using "find"?
  3. kraftzwerg thread starter macrumors regular

Jul 8, 2005
    I finally found the culprit(s): out of the couple thousand files of the library, there were 8 hidden in one directory which had locks on their icons. I removed these locks using the "Get info" tab and now iPhoto managed to upgrade the library. Relief!!!

Thanks for your reply!