Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stubeeef

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Aug 10, 2004
Long story short, had to rebuild my hd and account. Importing photos back into iPhoto and it also took every thumbnail too. Tripled my photos, everything is a mess.
I want to group all photos less than 20k in size, anyone know how to do that, I have tried smart albulm and batch change and could not figure a way.

HELP PLEASE, yes I am begging!

frenetic

macrumors regular
Feb 11, 2004
Amsterdam
I had the same problem once and had to manually delete the tumbnails, which is a real pain in the ass. The only advantage of the iPhoto system is that it puts the smaller pics (the former tumbnails, that is) first, so you can safely delete all of the first pictures of the doubles. You can also try to organise your library alphabetically, because the tumbnails have some specific names (I think they start with numbers, but I am not too sure about it) that are different from the actual pics. Anyway, it is a lot of stupid work, depending upon the size of your library.

stubeeef

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Aug 10, 2004
frenetic said:
I had the same problem once and had to manually delete the tumbnails, which is a real pain in the ass. The only advantage of the iPhoto system is that it puts the smaller pics (the former tumbnails, that is) first, so you can safely delete all of the first pictures of the doubles. You can also try to organise your library alphabetically, because the tumbnails have some specific names (I think they start with numbers, but I am not too sure about it) that are different from the actual pics. Anyway, it is a lot of stupid work, depending upon the size of your library.

Thanks and damn!

right now it says I have 7900 pix, should have about 2500.

alex_ant

macrumors 68020
Feb 5, 2002
All up in your bidness
So when is Apple gonna get on the ball and make iPhoto like iTunes where you can put your photos wherever you want on the filesystem (a la leaving "Keep my Music Organized" unchecked in iTunes)? The thumbnails should go inside their own folder, such as ~/Library/iPhoto/Thumbs, not in with the originals. Leave my originals alone to themselves. The iPhoto Library the way they've implemented it is horrible... always going corrupt and a pain to work with.

stubeeef

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Aug 10, 2004
munkle said:
So, any luck or are your wrists still busy?!

Been busy.

that software was not that great, used it some but was as fast and more accurate doing it manually. alex_ant is right, come on apple, just do it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.