iPhoto/.mac photo album question

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Pablo, Sep 11, 2003.

1. Pablo macrumors regular

I'm not too familiar with .mac, and I'm hoping someone who is might be able to answer a question for me.

I shoot pretty high resolution(2272x1704 pixels, and sometimes higher). This is okay for iPhoto, but obviously overkill for the web.

Is there any way to auto-resize the images when publishing to a .mac photo album (to say 800x600)? Or would I have to import the pictures, copy to a different folder, resize, then publish the duplicates?

Or is there a better way to do this?

2. Pablo thread starter macrumors regular

errrr...I mean the online homepage photo album (as opposed to the hardcover bound option (which is very nice)

3. Jerry Spoon macrumors 6502a

Jerry Spoon

When you choose to publish pics to your .mac hompage through iPhoto, i believe iPhoto automatically resizes pictures into thumbnails and then larger size for their "slideshow" page. I'm not 100% on this, but I publish pics all the time that are a pretty high resolution and they load up quickly from my .mac online photoalbums so I'm assuming they're being resized in the process.

4. Pablo thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the input.

Any confirmation from anyone else?

5. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

Sure. I use this and it autosizes your pictures on creation of a homepage albumn. iirc there are preferences to control the size, but they are about right to start with.