iPhoto memory disparity

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by americanuck, Mar 4, 2006.

1. americanuck macrumors newbie

Oct 20, 2001
    Crystal Lake
    I'm trying to archive my iPhoto library onto a DVD. There was over 7.5GB in my library so I highlited several albums and copied them onto a DVD no problem. I checked the burned DVD and verified the albums when I put it back in and it copied them fine. The last folder I'm trying to download says it has 2.4GB of memory, but when I put in the blank DVD, it says I have over 4.7GB and the disk is full and won't let me download it. I erased all the photos I previously downloaded in the other albums, erased all the albums so the only thing remaining is the album I want to copy onto the DVD. I also deleted the trash and looked all over for a cache to delete but couldn't find one.

Does anyone have any ideas why my iPhoto library would say I have 2.4 GB and the DVD burning says I'm trying to copy over 4.7 GB? Thank you.
  2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Apr 3, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    It might be because iPhoto only accounts for the fully edited picture whereas Finder (and the DVD) know that there are original pictures, thumbnails and data files kept within the iPhoto library also. :)