Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cindy

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 5, 2003
Okay... this might be a dumb question but.... this is the first experience with iphoto.
I have an eMac 800MHz G4 using OS X. Is this computer hook-upable with a digital camera?
I don't have a digital camera yet. But, I would like to get one if I could use one with iphoto on this computer.
Where is the hook-up port if there is one?
Cindy

Ugg

macrumors 68000
Apr 7, 2003
Penryn
Re: iphoto on my eMac

Yup, USB is almost standard with all digital cameras. I got mine, an Olympus D360-L, about 2.5 years ago. It didn't have a USB connection so I had to buy a Smart Media card reader. It works fine and only cost about $40.

Either way, it is a very slick and painless operation. Your camera will probably come with software but there will most likely be no need to install it. Just plug the USB cable from the camera into your eMac and, Voila!

Here is a link to a thread about inexpensive digicams.

Here is a link to a thread about the best digital cameras.

Here is a thread debating the pros and cons of iPhoto.

Digital cameras are great! Let us know what you get and how it works out!

LucasLand

macrumors 6502a
Mar 6, 2002
New England
I use an HP Photosmart digital camera. I hook it up to my eMac via the USB cable to the back of my keyboard. All I have to do next is just flip open the door that covers the camera lense. That tells the eMac i have a camera connected. Iphoto automatically opens up and highlights the "import" button on the iphoto screen. Its so easy , you won't believe it!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.