iPhoto Online Web Gallery without .mac

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by DannyBres, Nov 10, 2007.

1. macrumors 65816

DannyBres

Hey is it possible to make an online web gallery without paying for .mac? that i can sync with iphoto and dotn have to spend ages messin round with like flickr etc

2. macrumors 68000

Mindflux

Not with .Mac. You could load google's picasa program,and (I think) it installs an export plugin for iPhoto (I can export to picasaweb).. unless that's a native feature I never saw before loading Picasa. Of course this requires a free google email account.

3. macrumors 68000

Veritas&Equitas

No, it's not. The iweb online gallery, blog, and a few other features are only available if you have a .mac subscription.

4. macrumors newbie

I have created an iPhoto online web gallery in php,cocoa and mySQL.

I parse the iPhoto library and automatically copies all files to the webserver and puts image and album data into the mySQL server with cocoa. There is much more to work on with threading.

My gallery handles users and when logged in they can download an album in zip format. They can also upload own images to the site (no import to real iPhoto though). Users can also comment each photo. There is a RSS stream too but I have to work on it a little bit more.

/Daniel

5. macrumors 603

BlueRevolution