iphoto opens automatically at start up

Discussion in 'Mac Applications and Mac App Store' started by Ramsos, Sep 11, 2003.

1. macrumors regular

I was wondering if anyone elese out there has had the same issue I have wich is iphoto starts up automatically at start up of OSX on my powerbook. I can't find anything in system preferences or iphoto preferences to stop this from happening, its not really a problem just kinda irritating. Fortunately I only have to restart my system a couple of times a month. Here is my setup Tibook 800 1 gig of Ram, os X.2.6, iphoto 2.0 I thought it might have been under login items but its not. Any help would be appreciated thanks- RAM:confused:

2. macrumors 601

zimv20

just to confirm... you checked Login Items in System Preferences?

3. macrumors 68030

redAPPLE

if the camera is turned on, iPhoto will open automatically... well, if that was the option you made during the first time you connected a camera.

4. thread starter macrumors regular

I checked loging items already and there is no camera connected to my system, but that gives me an idea I do have a pc card with my compact flash media from my digital camera installed and it is named digital cam. So I am going to try taking that out and restarting. That just might work.

5. thread starter macrumors regular

Good tip redAPPLE when I removed the CP flash reader and restarted iphoto did not start up problem solved.:D thanks-RAM

6. macrumors regular

in the "Image Capture" app, there is an option to turn off the automatic launch of iPhoto when a camera or media card is connected.

it's odd that it's not in System Preference, and from what i've seen, Panther doesn't change this.