iPhoto: overly compressed images.. rebuild?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by zim, Oct 19, 2006.

1. zim macrumors 65816

Jan 5, 2002
    Not sure how to ask this one so will do my best... I am running the latest version of iPhoto, 6.0.5, and recently noticed that one of my albums, which was imported off an archived iPhoto CD, contains images, that when viewed not at full iPhoto scale, look like really bad overly compressed jpgs. Any ideas on how to correct this? I was thinking that maybe the old preview images didn't update right.. is there a way to rebuild the images?

2. liketom macrumors 601

Apr 8, 2004
    you might have imported the thumbnails from the cd - check your cd again for full res ones
  3. zim thread starter macrumors 65816

Jan 5, 2002
    The CD was burned with iPhoto 5 I think and then transfered back into iPhoto 6 by inserting the CD having it appear in iPhoto and then dragging the album into the library. Wouldn't that copy the originals? I have gone into the folders and opened the images into photoshop and they are all of high quality which leads me to believe that somehow the preview or icons, smaller then full size, versions of the images that iPhoto made are over compressed... not sure what to do. I have tagged them all with comments and key words so would hate to have to reimport them... yes I did notice that they were funky when I was tagging them but for some reason I didn't think much about it.