Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Munch

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 20, 2006
I tried uploading some photos to iPhoto but the original photos had the incorrect date on them. So I changed them within iPhoto using "Batch Change". Now the photos are displaying correctly in the "2004" year group. However, when I go to Library, the black title that pops up when scrolling through all the photos still displays the old doate of "Nov Something 2002", which was what it was originally.

How can I get iPhoto to recognize the new date within the library so that the phots are dated properly?

skybolt

macrumors 6502a
Feb 20, 2005
Nashville, TN, USA
If you are talking about the library in finder, don't do it! Do not change anything in the finder view as you will certainly regret it. You will lose access to some of your photos from iPhoto, etc. Do all your editing only from iwithin Photo (or an external editor -- e.g., Photoshop). Do not mess with the finder view.

If this is not what you are asking, please give some more information. I have changed lots of dates of photos from within iPhoto and they end up in the proper chronological order in iPhoto.

Good luck!

Munch

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 20, 2006
skybolt said:
If you are talking about the library in finder, don't do it! Do not change anything in the finder view as you will certainly regret it. You will lose access to some of your photos from iPhoto, etc. Do all your editing only from iwithin Photo (or an external editor -- e.g., Photoshop). Do not mess with the finder view.

If this is not what you are asking, please give some more information. I have changed lots of dates of photos from within iPhoto and they end up in the proper chronological order in iPhoto.

Good luck!

I did some more searching on the internet and found my answer! I was trying to change the name and the rolls to match the correct ones of the photos. I didn't know of the info button on the bottom left of the screen. In there, I just clicked on the roll name and date and everything became the way I wanted it to!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.