iPhoto photos reverting (edits lost)

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mbabc, Dec 28, 2012.

1. macrumors newbie

My computer (a Mac Book Pro) is running OS 10.8.2 and the iPhoto version is 9.4.2.

In my library, my photos have started to spontaneouly revert to the original image, wiping out all of my changes. It happens when I double click to enlarge the image - I can watch the crops and edits simply melt away. If I have opened the edit window and am displaying the adjustment pane, it initally shows all the adjustments that were made and then, as it reverls, all of the sliders go back to neutral.

I have option-double-clicked when opening the file to do (Apple) rebuilds on the permissions, thumbnails and the library DB, and then I've rebuilt the library DB. I tried doing a rebuild using iPhoto Library Manager (IPLM). It appeared to work correctly up to rebuilding thumbnails pretty much at the end of the process; several times during this process iPhoto quit unexpectedly - IPLM simply restarted until at one point IPLM said it was unable to communicate with iPhoto and the whole process just hung up. I had to force quit IPLM. The IPLM rebuilt library was about 27 GB whereas the original is about 30 GB.

Any suggestions as to what to try next?