iPhoto Picture Info: Not in the picture itself?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by SiliconAddict, Nov 22, 2006.

1. SiliconAddict macrumors 603

SiliconAddict

OK I'm getting a little twitchy here. I've scanned about 900 photos, cataloged, tagged with comments, and even put the dates the pictures were taken into the information field in iPhoto. However I've decided that I want to add these pictures into another iPhoto Library. So I simply imported the folder into the existing library (I manage the file location myself. I do NOT trust this app to throw my files into random folders somewhere.) only to find all the information that I typed in gone. Apparently iPhoto is retarded enough that it doesn't update the pictures with the data you type in, in iPhoto. I even tried doing an export out of iPhoto, no luck. So is there any way of infusing that photo with the data from iPhoto or actually exporting/importing that information outof/into an iPhoto library. Any help or advice you can provide would be appreciated because I really don't want to re enter all that information again.

PS- I'm using iPhoto buddy for all of this because of have a little under 17,000 pictures on my system and from what I've heard iPhoto would probably choke. However in this case I decided that all the pictures of my relatives, family reunions, heck I have pictures going back to the mid 1800's. I want all of these in one Library.

2. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    I know you can export out to a CD/DVD and tell iPhoto to leave the comments/ratings in place but no idea if they would carry over to a new Library if you imported from the DVD again.

Didn't iPhoto buddy used to have a 'merge' libraries feature? Or am I imagining things?

3. SiliconAddict thread starter macrumors 603

SiliconAddict

Hmm I'll check. I never really looked at the various options other then creating and switching libraries. Thanks.

EDIT: Nope