iPhoto problems

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by macrlz9, May 14, 2006.

1. macrlz9 macrumors 6502

macrlz9

Hey all! I'm having a strange problem with iPhoto. I plugged in a friend's camera to download some pictures a few days ago and this camera is long gone now. Now every time since then when i open iPhoto, the camera says ready to import 422 items even though the camera is not plugged in. I have restarted and this didn't help. Anyone have any ideas how to get it to stop thinking there is a camera plugged in??

Attached Files:

2. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

Hey that happened to me not too long ago.

I got rid of it, but I'm not exactly sure what my method was to it. But I'm pretty sure it was something like this.

Open Image Capture (Applications folder) and open preferences, you'll find under General; "When Camera is Connected...". Select 'No Application' and close Image Capture.
    Restart.
    Open iPhoto to make sure that no Camera Import screen comes up again, if it is ok, then quit iPhoto go back to Image Capture and select iPhoto again as the application you want when a camera is plugged in.
    Should solve your problem.

It's an odd solution but I think that is what I did and have not had that problem since.

3. macrlz9 thread starter macrumors 6502

macrlz9

wow thanks so much this did the trick!!!! :)