iPhoto query

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by sunfast, Jan 9, 2007.

1. sunfast macrumors 68020

sunfast

These days I import all my pictures straight from cam to iPhoto and let it deal with them.

In athe bad old days (windows) I used to get them in folders I organised myself with names like "1 - Fence.jpg". I imported them all into iPhoto when I switched but when I want to use this pics in iWeb they are saved with that original (and non web safe) name and thus don't work when I ftp them to my webspace.

Does that make sense? I'd like to be able to give those photos new names (without spaces) but without messing up my iPhoto library.

2. flyfish29 macrumors 68020

flyfish29

So this may be obvious and maybe I am missing something but just rename them within iPhoto- then export to your web page. It shoudl export them with the new name- right? It works for me when I try it at least.

3. skybolt macrumors 6502a

Whatever you do, do it from within iPhoto - DO NOT MESS WITH THE LIBRARY IN THE FINDER! Mucking about in the finder will cause havoc to ensue. I agree with flyfish, work from within iPhoto, you can even batch change the names and even add a number after -- for example "Seashore" and "Seashore1". iPhoto will automatically (if you tell it to) add numbers and change the time on the photo for you.