iPhoto Question

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Racktacular, Nov 20, 2006.

1. Racktacular macrumors regular

I'm trying to import pictures into iPhoto into a specific folder but everytime I go to import the pics it goes right into the Library folder. How can I import them specifically into a certain folder without having to move them afterwards?

Seems like they get downloaded into a specific folder in the Mac harddrive but not in the iPhoto program.

TIA!

Rack

2. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

welcome to the wondefull world of iphoto's storage system... I don't think their is a way to change it :(

3. Racktacular thread starter macrumors regular

Really? How can they overlook that?

4. speakerwizard macrumors 68000

speakerwizard

yes i photos storage system is one of the few things i dont like in osx, apparently we're in for treats in ilife 07 to do with storage etc but until then, have you tried using an folder alias and puting the photofolder where ever you like?, that 'should' work

5. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

Try unchecking Copy files to iPhoto Library folder in iPhoto preferences -> Advanced -> Importing...

Picture 1.jpg

6. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    If you're happy for them to live in the iPhoto Library - ie you're importing them for the first time rather than moving over an existing folder system, then you might just want to turn on View by Film Roll in the View menu.

That means that each 'roll' or 'folder' that you imported will show up as little rolls in your main Library window which you can open and close accordingly. You can rename the rolls to whatever you like - and the names will be the same in the Finder's iPhoto Library folders too.