iphoto question

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by kakkoiimac, Dec 15, 2006.

1. kakkoiimac macrumors regular

I just got my uploaded about 150 pics into iphoto off a cd. what i did was open the cd icon on my desktop and selected all the photos and copied them...then opened iPhoto, made a new album and then pasted them. Is this the long way to do it? I took like 5 mins to upload the pics...is that normal?

Also what kind of resources does this process use...because my processor was only running at like 33%...Im just wondering if all this is normal. I am a total newbie to this...

i have a screen shot...but it is too big (660kb) to attach it...i dont know how to fix that either...

man im a noob...
    :eek:

2. kgarner macrumors 68000

kgarner

Seems normal to me. I think that creating the album is unnecessary (unless you want those pictures in an album). You can just drag them to the main Library.

5 minutes may seem long, but if the CD was full or near-full then it can take about that long to copy. Copying from a CD is not exactly quick.

3. kakkoiimac thread starter macrumors regular

well thats ok i guess...i suppose it is cd that bottle necks the process...anyway... any help on posting screen shots?