iPhoto quit saving "sharpness" adjustments

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by bluegill, Jul 9, 2005.

1. bluegill macrumors newbie

iPhoto seems to have quit saving the "sharpness" adjustments I make to a photo. All other adjustments (exposure, temperature, etc.) save just fine. This occurs in version 5.0.2. Has anyone else experienced this problem? I have searched OSX and iPhoto help to no avail, so please forgive me if this is an easy fix. Thanks.

2. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    Common consensus is that your sharpness changes probably are being saved - if you open the image in Photoshop/Elements/Preview, you should see the sharpened image. Apparently, iPhoto uses a fairly soft viewer and they can be tough to see...

Who knows - things might improve when they fix the colour changing bug that's the most irritating thing in iPhoto 5

3. bluegill thread starter macrumors newbie

It did not work, but thanks for the suggestion

Applespider, thanks for your reply. I duplicated an image, increased the sharpness to 100% (for a noticeable change), and copied the original and modified versions to the desktop. Opening the files in both preview and PSE2 did not, unfortunately, reveal any differences between the photos.

Maybe I should reinstall the software? Your reply and suggestions are appreciated. Thanks again.

4. jalagl macrumors 6502a

jalagl

There is a problem when using iPhoto with Tiger, in which iPhoto doesn't save changes to the photos. I don't know if this might be the issue you're having, since you mention that other changes do get saved..

You can read moe about it in this and this forum posts.