iPhoto resizing?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by pigbat, Mar 7, 2006.

1. pigbat macrumors regular

This is going to seem like a silly question but I'm a recent switcher. Is there an option to resize a photo in iPhoto? I can't find it anywhere. Do you use something else to resize your pictures? I'm holding out until universal binaries for photoshop.

2. SpAtZ macrumors regular

iphoto 6: Just go down to constrain and there should be several choices. It is right next to enhance.
    iphoto 5: probally the same. I dont remember

3. ChrisA macrumors G4

Aslong as the photos remain in iPhoto they are kept at full resolution but when yo "export" them using File --> Export there is an option to specify the size in pixels

iPhoto is really more of a storage and catalogginf system them an image editor. For editing use Gimp or if you have the money and prefer it, Photoshop.

4. Clix Pix macrumors demi-goddess

Clix Pix

8 miles from the Apple Store at Tysons (VA)
    Or Photoshop Elements, which is more reasonably priced and has most if not all of the key features that a photographer needs to manipulate his/her images....

5. pigbat thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the info, good to know. I'll look at compiling gimp in the morning.

6. Pistol Pete macrumors 6502a

Pistol Pete

7. amateurmacfreak macrumors 6502a

amateurmacfreak

Um... I've never known how to. I've always uploaded to Photo Bucket and done it there. :eek:
    OK, OK, I ADMIT IT!!!! :p

8. ChrisA macrumors G4

THere are good Mac executables available they even thought to include a wrapper to start up X11. Always good to build yourself if you can. I come to Mac OS X from UNIX/Linux background

9. ChrisA macrumors G4

Yes, I agree. I always describe gimp as haviing a editing feature set some place between the full Photoshop and PSE. Gimp is missing two features that canbe a show soper for some users 1) it does not handle CMYK color and 2) it cannot handle 16-bit color depth although it can import and convert many eep color file format including most camera's RAW files.