iPhoto Restore

Discussion in 'macOS' started by starrin, May 4, 2005.

1. starrin macrumors member

Aug 22, 2004

I did a completely fresh install for Tiger. I was wondering how I can get back iPhoto from my previous install?

I went to the old disc and did the install of the classic software ... but it is no where to be found.

2. andrewfee macrumors 6502

Aug 29, 2004
    Put in the old disc, and choose "install additional software"

It should then scan your drive, and give you a list of what you want to install.
  3. hodgjy macrumors 6502

Apr 15, 2005
    That's not the case. iPhoto and iMovie are buried in the Panther install DVD, and you cannot separately install them without a 3rd-party app.

Google a program called "pacifist."

It will let you extract your package contents from the Panther install DVD. Then click the install icon in the top left, and you'll get iPhoto back.

edit: pacifist, not pacifier. Linky: http://www.charlessoft.com/
  4. James Philp macrumors 65816

James Philp

Mar 5, 2005
    Or buy iLife 05.
    It will work a lot better with Tiger.
    For example, names you give in iPhoto 4 do not transfer to spotlight (in my experience - is there a way around this? Perhaps to actually changing the file name to the name specified in iPhoto!?)

I am seriously considering iLife 05 now I have Tiger running for these exact benefits.
  5. andrewfee macrumors 6502

Aug 29, 2004
    Maybe they've changed it in recent discs, but on my 10.3.7 restore disc that came with my Powerbook, it scans the drive and has the option to install them.

They didn't appear in 10.3, but on 10.4 they do.
  6. hodgjy macrumors 6502

Apr 15, 2005
    Mine came with 10.3.5 restore discs, and I can only install iDVD and Garageband from the bundled software option. iMovie and iPhoto are buried in the Panther install.

Perhaps the difference is my restore discs are for the iBook, and also perhaps 10.3.5 is different than 10.3.7.