iPhoto Screwup! Need help!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Josephkyles, Sep 17, 2006.

1. Josephkyles macrumors regular

With my new iMac I got a free Printer (HP PhotosmartC3180 AllinOne) So today I try to use the scanner. First of all I'm forced to install HP's crappy software for it to work, Image Capture will not work with it. But I do manage to get several drawings scanned and into iPhoto, then as I was trying to consolidate all the images into one roll I loose all the images, and now I have TWO Roll #1's!! One of which has 19 images and another that says it has 19 images but there are no images to be found! I know this sounds confusing, so I took a video capture of what happens. Please take a look, I need help to get this straightened out! I've posted the video on my iDisk Homepage.mac.com/josephkyles

2. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

Here's a lesson to learn. Don't mess with iPhoto's directory in the Finder, just deal with it all in iPhoto. It is not meant to be dealt with in the Finder. If you want to have an organized photo library that you control by the Finder, do not put those pics into iPhoto. There have been many threads on this topic and so I'm not going to try and give you a reasonable explanation other than just let iPhoto do what it wants to do.

3. Josephkyles thread starter macrumors regular

4. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

You said you consolidated images into one roll. How are you able to do that in iPhoto?

5. Josephkyles thread starter macrumors regular

You can move pictures of different rolls into a new roll

6. Josephkyles thread starter macrumors regular

But nevermind with help, I just burned all my photos to DVD, deleted my iPhoto library and reloaded them