iPhoto shared library problem

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by newmacuser13, Nov 21, 2006.

1. newmacuser13 macrumors member

Oct 11, 2006
    We are new apple users.

On my wife's Mac Mini, we set up a shared directory for photos. When my wife is logged in, she can open iPhoto and everything works fine, it goes to the correct shared directory of 5000 photos.

When I log in, I had iPhoto set up (by genius bar) to allow me to use the same shared directory of photos, and all was well for a couple of weeks. Something happened (no idea what). Now when I try to open iPhoto to that shared directory, I get an endless spinning wheel and have to quit iPhoto. If I open iPhoto while holding down the option key and select a different directory (my user photo library, which has just a couple of pictures in it for testing purposes) iPhoto works fine for me.

I thought it might be a permissions problem / screwup, but using the disc utility to repair permissions did not change any result - I still get the spinning wheel, she gets to the library just fine.

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Apr 3, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    What folder is the shared library kept in? Can you access this folder with Finder normally from your account? :)