Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zagato27

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 10, 2003
The Hill
I want to be able to share my iPhoto library with my wife. We have a G5 running Panther and have separate user accounts. I've tried to put the iPhoto library in a shared account but when I dragged the pictures into iPhoto they could not be read. Help. Thx.

mnkeybsness

macrumors 68030
Jun 25, 2001
Moneyapolis, Minnesota
you need to move the iphoto folder into a shared directory, and then put an alias to it into the original place for the iphoto folder. do this for both your account and your wife's

zagato27

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 10, 2003
The Hill
Originally posted by mnkeybsness
you need to move the iphoto folder into a shared directory, and then put an alias to it into the original place for the iphoto folder. do this for both your account and your wife's

Sounds good. Anyone tell me where the "original" location of the iPhoto folder? I moved it into a shared folder and I couldn't get it to work BUT I didn't create an alias. Now got to figure out where it was originally and try it again. Now, I understand about moving the folder from my profile into a shared folder and putting the alias in the original location. I have to also do that with my wife's account too? A bit confusing for a new guy. Thks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.