iPhoto Size Help

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Sweener88, Sep 20, 2006.

1. Sweener88 macrumors 6502

Sweener88

Hey!
    I really like changing my wallpaper but i have a problem, whenever i right clcik a picture on the web thats like 1400x900 and i import it to iPhoto it always makes it very small. when i go to system preferences -> desktop and then iphoto library-> data -> my wallpaper its like around 300x200. how can i make iphoto keep the resolutions of the original picture?

2. JDN macrumors 6502a

Right click the image, view image, zoom in if there is the option to. then save the file, then set it as desktop.

should work.

3. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

On the internet, are you sure you're saving the actual full-sized image and not just the thumbnail? How are you importing the pictures? It might be wise to drag them to the Desktop, open them in Preview to make sure they're big, and then drag that file to iPhoto. :)

4. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Also try just dragging the image to the iPhoto dock icon once you're viewing it full size in the browser.

5. Sweener88 thread starter macrumors 6502

Sweener88

yeah i go to the picture on the internet when its full size, then i right click it and theres an option that says import to iphoto, when i do this it shrinks it

6. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Well try one of the other methods for importing the photo to see if it does the same. :)

7. Sweener88 thread starter macrumors 6502

Sweener88

kk iv done it where i just save to desktop, put it mauanly into a wallpaper folder i made and selected it from the desktop wallaper choose folder in system preferences but i was just thinking it would be easyier to have all my pics in my iphoto library and have the original dimensions preserved.

8. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Yeah, well drag that file on the Desktop to iPhoto and see if it shrinks. :)

9. Sweener88 thread starter macrumors 6502

Sweener88

the only thing with this is if i do that it will become its own roll (which i HATE i like to keep pictures organized in folders not there own individual roll)

10. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Fair enough, but you can delete it afterwards. It'd just be interesting to see if it gets shrunk. :)