iPhoto - this is what Iwant to do....

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jbrown, Dec 3, 2006.

1. jbrown macrumors 6502a

jbrown

Right - I have quite a few photos filed in iPhoto, and they're arranged in folders that appear on the left hand bar in iPhoto.

I want to free up a lot of space on my machine ( MBP 1.8 ), and generally streamline things. So I'd like to copy all my work related photos onto a few DVD'S. So far so easy.

I'd then delete the originals from iPhoto.

But at some stage I would like to put them back onto iPhoto as they were before, organised and in their folders appearing in the bar. Goes without saying I don't want to have to do this foto by foto or folder by folder as if I'm installing them for the frst time.

Any ideas?

cheers all:)

2. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

First off, the albums on the left hand side aren't folders, they're albums. The photos are put in there arbitrarily just like playlists in iTunes.

To back them up, just select the albums (hold down the command key to select multiple albums) and then click the Burn button in the toolbar at the bottom of the main window. If Burn isn't there, turn it on from View -> Show in Toolbar.

You can then burn those albums to a DVD with all the relevant metadata intact so that when you later insert the DVD you can just drag those albums back to the library.