Iphoto vs Preview

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mbopy22, Mar 16, 2006.

1. mbopy22 macrumors 6502

mbopy22

Hi I know that this might be a repeated question.:eek:

Anyways, here it goes… how I do to reduce the level of resolution of a picture. I have iPhoto and Curator which I don’t know how it works. Last night I was chatting with a friend and she wanted me to sent her some pictures, but since my connection is to slow it took like forever… then she suggested me to reduce the resolution, and I found that by throwing the picture from iphoto to the desktop and then opening it with preview and doing a save as, and then reducing de size of the picture plus the quality I could get a smaller size picture… but I’m wondering if there is any other faster and simpler way… :confused: :confused:

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Well, if I'm sending a photo from iPhoto through Mail, I click on the Email button in iPhoto and it gives me a brief selection of different scaled versions of that photo.

Alternatively, I Export photos from iPhoto (File menu in iPhoto 6.0 but I think it was the Share menu in earlier versions) which gives me the option to pick a new resolution. :)

3. kgarner macrumors 68000

kgarner

Just selecting the photos and clicking the Mail button is the easiest. It doesn't offer a lot of flexibility as it just has small, medium, large, and full resolution options, but those are generally good enough. Small is 640x480, Medium is 800x600, and Large is 1024x768.

If you have a particular size you want the best option is the File (or Share, if using older iPhoto) > Export option and setting the size there.