iPhoto went crazy! HELP!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by gusanitoverde, Jan 21, 2006.

1. gusanitoverde macrumors 6502

gusanitoverde

:confused:

I upgraded to ilife 06. Clean in both of my macs at home. Then, I started to load about 15 CD's with my iPhoto library since 2003. About 14800 pictures.

Like Steve jobs said: "It cuts like butter", 14800 pictures scroll up and down like nothing.

However, my dates are scrambled. Very badly scrambled! Pictures I took on November 2005 went to appear in 2003 and some it reads are from 1963!.

To make matters worse, some of my best pictures are shown only in thumbnails but when i click on them to see them full screen tey are not showing. It basically shows only the thumbnails! Now, something i tried, is to drag the thumbnail of the "corrupted" picture to the desktop to see if I could recover the picture, and yes, the picture is shown in the desktop, seen full screen in preview, and iPhoto now reads it. So it's an iPhoto problem! Any advice?

Thanks.

2. iMeowbot macrumors G3

iMeowbot

The first thing I would try is to quit iPhoto, then restart it while holding down the option and command keys. This will put up a dialog offering to rebuild the database and thumbnails. This process can take a while.

3. gusanitoverde thread starter macrumors 6502

gusanitoverde

4. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    There are always bugs in software. iPhoto 05 had a weird one where if you edited a picture, it would change the colour profile when you saved it, leading to some very odd results!

I just upgraded mine (after taking an external backup) and it was all fine. I wonder whether perhaps it's having problems importing from an older iPhoto structure which is what I assume is on the disc. The data structure has changed quite substantially in iPhoto 4, 5 and 6 - particularly in how origninals and edited pics are stored.

That's not an excuse - it should be able to see and import correctly from them. Good luck in resolving it.

5. gusanitoverde thread starter macrumors 6502

gusanitoverde

Thanks for replying.

I rebuild the entire library and thumbnails. Nothing worked.:(

6. gusanitoverde thread starter macrumors 6502

gusanitoverde

There is no iPhoto update yet.

This bug is really bothering me.

Any ideas? Anyone?