Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macsusa

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 22, 2004
the netherlands
Hi,

i have (my first in one year of mac love) problem...!
i have a powerbook g4, with panther.
when i open iphoto it keeps telling me it's uploading the photo library, and it can go on for even an hour till i decide to quit the program... i cant seem to solve the problem, i tried from the disc utility to repair permissions on the disk, and it didnt help. it worked well till the other day, and nothing has changed in the settings. iphoto library is still in its images folder, all the files are there, but the program won't load them...
i have about 4000 pictures in there... does anybody have any idea how to solve this??

thanks! :)

Diatribe

macrumors 601
Jan 8, 2004
Back in the motherland
You might want to try to trash your plist if repairing permissions did not help. Just so you know, this will trash your settings... possibly even your albums(not the pictures though) but I am not sure about this(it trashing the albums). So before you do that make a backup copy of the file.
Other than that... backing up the pictures and reinstalling would be my next guess. Hope that helps.

Gee

macrumors 65816
Feb 27, 2004
London, UK
I had a similar problem recently. I fixed it by binning the preferences file, as the guy above sugggested, and the XML data file that resides in the iphoto folder somewhere (sorry I can't be more specific, but I'm working on a pc at the moment). Copy both files somewhere else first to back them up, just in case, but hopefully this should work. Again, as the guy above said, I think it will trash all of your albums and any comments or ratings you have on the photos, but the photos thmeselves will be OK.

Hope this helps.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.