IPHOTO

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by rph24, Oct 9, 2004.

1. rph24 macrumors newbie

I am a teacher and have students log into a "student" account. They have connected their IPHOTO camera and NOTHING comes up. If they would log into the Tech account where all the access is, IPhoto loads up easily. I have gone into the student account and gave them access to all the applications, but it still won't load. I have to go in and UNCHECK "Use these applications" then IPHOTO loads up in the student account.

Anyone have an idea on what I'm doing wrong??

2. Rower_CPU Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

Sounds like you're getting hung up on OS X's "Limitations" settings for user accounts. By unchecking "This user can only use these applications:" you're allowing the student user to run any program on the computer.

To leave the security in place and let the students launch iPhoto, make sure a check is next to iPhoto and Image Capture. BTW, what do you mean by an "IPHOTO camera"?

Attached Files:

3. acceber macrumors regular

That happened to me once as well. I think that sometimes, the camera isn't recognised or something. Check that the cameras are not causing any issues first. Especially if they're cheaper or older models.

4. rph24 thread starter macrumors newbie

Follow-up to IPHOTO Problem

I double-checked to make sure that IPHOTO and Image Capture were selected, but IPHOTO still didn't load in the student account.

5. mnkeybsness macrumors 68030

mnkeybsness

Open up Image Capture and double check in the preferences that iPhoto is told to open when a camera is connected.