iPhotoImport Question

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by xfifty, May 19, 2005.

1. xfifty macrumors newbie

Hi All,
    I'm new to this site. I recently bought a Power MAC G5 and made the move after 15 years of using DOS & Windows and so far I'm lovin' it.

I tried to "import to library" all the photos that are in *.jpg format and burnt into a CD into iPhoto but I get an error that the files are not compatible or corrupted. However, I'm able to see all the pictures by "Preview" application. I even tried to change the attributes to "read & write" but didn't make any difference.

Any help would be appreciated and sorry if this has been discussed before.

BTW: I'm running 10.4.1

2. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Someone else mentioned this problem recently, and no one seemed to have a good explanation or solution.

Here's something that might possibly work in Tiger....In automator, create a workflow that does the following:

- Get selected Finder items (you are going to select all your photos)
    - Scale them in Preview by 100% (so that they don't change)
    - Import them into iPhoto

Since they're going from Preview to iPhoto, perhaps this will work?

3. xfifty thread starter macrumors newbie

4. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Same thing happened to me.

Tiger was messed up, and I couldn't even boot up/start up when I tried to Restart. It got stuck on the grey Apple startup screen.

Anyway, I ended up doing an archive and install, and everything is fine except iTunes didn't like my iPod anymore and wouldn't update the songs (it freezes), and my entire Library is gone. Actually, the photos are still there, but the albums aren't, and the library can't be imported again. :mad:

It has been a very bad day in my Mac life. :mad: :mad:

I also think that iPhoto pretty much sucks. Always have. The fact that you can't touch it or rename something without everything going wrong is what makes its design so poor. How is a novice going to know not to rename any of the folders? :rolleyes: