iPod 101

Discussion in 'iPod' started by Doctor Q, Dec 5, 2005.

1. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

Apple has posted a web page called iPod 101.

The instructions and tips (with video tutorials) covers "iPod Anatomy" (what the controls are, installing software), "Crank Up the Tunes" (syncing, playing music), "I Need More Music" (an iTMS ad), "Show Me My Photos and Videos" (photos/video), "Maximize My Experience" (non-music iPod features and battery tips), and "My iPod is Sad" (troubleshooting tips).

2. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Just in time for all those new iPod users come Xmas day when all the support lines will be closed.

I've always found the layout of their iPod trouble-shooting pages a little cluttered and confusing.

3. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

4. Bern macrumors 68000

Bern

It's a great concept but how many vacant windows users will even think to look?

5. Lacero macrumors 604

Lacero

I've perused the site looking for information on how I can reset my iPod shuffle to the first track of my playlist. No luck finding any information on that. So I've had to turn on shuffle mode and press forward hoping I'll hit a song closest to the start of my playlist, then put back into sequential mode.

//currently listening to: Sound of the Underground - Girls Aloud

Here's to the Crazy Ones [​IMG]

6. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

Just in time for the arrival of my 5G Black iPod! Now to reset my 4G 20g for my wife's use, and set up the new one...

7. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

I think it's great that Apple has done this, and am a bit surprised (hindsight being 20/20 and all) that they didn't do this sooner. But, excellent timing on their perspective what with the Xmas season approaching us and many new iPod users coming on board.

8. Doctor Q thread starter Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

They already had this, but perhaps they wanted it to make it even easier for newbie iPod owners.

9. drlunanerd macrumors 65816

drlunanerd

Press Play 3 times. I think this is noted on the general shuffle support page.

10. amacgenius macrumors 68000

amacgenius