iPod 10GB (3G) at Target: $150

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by machem, Feb 24, 2004.

1. machem macrumors member

Hi,

I just picked up a 10Gig 3rd Gen iPod at my Target (Stockton, CA) for $150/161 w/ tax.

I had heard these were going for $199 and stopped by to check. I was pleasantly suprised. Availability is sure to be limited (this is not a particularly tech-savvy area).

HTH someone.

2. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

Your Target Sells iPods in-store? The 7 I frequent (Two in Portland, OR, 3 in Seattle, WA, 1 in Lafayette, IN, and 1 in Flint, MI) none still sell iPods in-store. They haven't since Target ended the first contract with Apple. You are a lucky Macintosh-ite... Have fun with your iPod.

TEG

*BTW* Arn... can we be allowed to say Macintosh-ite with out needing the damn hyphen?

3. machem thread starter macrumors member

Yup. 2nd iPod in the house. My wife bought me one last month, and after shaking her head at it for a while, she actually tried it and was hooked. This one's for her.

I'm going to tell my folks, who live in Lansing, MI. The original $199 price I saw was from a guy who went to 8 Target stores in Minneapolis (?).

4. Chris1127 macrumors newbie

I just got the last (only?) one in Jackson, MS. My first Apple product yay!!

Now if I had only remembered to pick up the usb connector....:(

5. jphoenix macrumors member

You guys are damn lucky! I tried calling all the target stores within an hour of me, and no one has anymore 10GBs in stock. It would have been the perfect gift for my cousin's birthday.

6. machem thread starter macrumors member

Apple Stores may also have some lying about. I saw a post stating that someone got a 15G, 3rd Gen w/ dock for $299 at an Apple Store (how long ago did 3Gs get a dock at 15G?).

YMMV

7. switchingGeek macrumors member

Got one!! For 150+tax = 162!!

I had to call 6 stores in the Dallas area. None of the others had stock. At one of them, I said "Do you have the 10GB Ipod", and they replied "Who?" :))

Tried everywhere else for my mates, even 40 miles outside Dallas - no go :-(...

Have fun!!

8. Dippo macrumors 65816

Dippo

The Target I work at sells them in store. You might need to ask the team member behind the counter, they ususally keep them locked up back there.

9. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

Same here in the Dc area....

10. cr2sh macrumors 68030

cr2sh

I called all of the Targets in the Dayton area.. not an iPod to be found. :(

One target did say that they have a bunch of accessories. "The new display" as he called it "was setup last week" left me a bit confussed... they had no iPods in stock, but plenty of accessories.

:confused:

11. djkny macrumors 6502

discounted iPods in Stockton?

Which Target in Stockton? I did a location search and (3) showed up around the area.

Is it the Stockton Target or the Lodi Target?

Do you think they'll do shipping orders out of state?

$150 is an AMAZing deal. I have to get one.

12. machem thread starter macrumors member

Re: discounted iPods in Stockton?

I went to the one at Pacific and March Lane, but they only had the one. THere is a new one (it may not even be open yet) near 8 Mile and I-5, but I'd assume that they never had the 10G in, as the store is so new. I have no idea about shipping, but I'd assume they wouldn't. BTW, this deal is not on their website.

13. lazyboy922 macrumors 6502

lazyboy922

well cross off all the targets in lansing, they don't have them for $150. 2 dont have em, and the south lansing one has it for $299. think ill pass

14. machem thread starter macrumors member

They have a 10G, and it's 299? I'd mention that other Targets have the 10G for 150. Call one (March Lane in Stockton, CA, for example), and have them give the info. Call corporate if you have to. Can't hurt. A phone call or two is worth it, probably.

My family lives in Lansing, BTW.

15. lazyboy922 macrumors 6502

lazyboy922

yeah it didn't seem like the kid i spoke to knew what he was talking about, so he could have been wrong. plus i was on hold for close to 20 minutes! there webiste says they are $199. so who knows if all stores will give the $150 price.

16. michaelrjohnson macrumors 68020

none in central wisconsin, SE wisconsin, twin cities, or st. cloud mn area.

17. machem thread starter macrumors member

Target doesn't do store-by-store markdowns on high-price items like stereos and so on. Seems to me it would be worth your while to pursue this, but that's just me. The clerk in my store said "yup $199, but let me swipe it to be sure" and it came up $150.