ipod 2.2 update problem

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by etoiles, Jun 19, 2004.

1. etoiles macrumors 6502a

etoiles

whenever I connect my iPod (2.1) to my 12PB (10.3.4) I get this message that new software is available and if I want to install. If I chose OK, I get to enter admin and password, and as soon as I click 'OK' the iPod unmounts from the desktop. After that, I get the message that the iPod needs to be mounted to the desktop for the updater to be able to run (thank you very much).

Anybody else experiencing this ? Any ideas ?
    cheers

2. rendezvouscp macrumors 68000

I didn't experience exactly that, but my iPod wouldn't mount after installing the update. I would reset your iPod and re-download the software, and see if that helps at all. Also, repair permissions too. Good luck.
    –Chase

3. etoiles thread starter macrumors 6502a

etoiles

thanks, I tried your suggestions but it still doesn't work. I reset the ipod, re-downloaded the software, repaired permissions, repaired disk... anything else I could try before I reformat the iPod ?

4. rendezvouscp macrumors 68000

Wow. That sucks. I would definitely talk to Apple. They may replace your iPod (that's what they did for me). Good luck though.
    –Chase

5. etoiles thread starter macrumors 6502a

etoiles

well, reseting to factory settings (wiping out all data) and re-installing all the music did the trick...gotta love firewire :)

I used the iPod on a PC to start off with, and then switched to OSX...might have been something quirky along the way.

6. LeeTom macrumors 68000

LeeTom

For what it's worth, the exact same thing happened to me. I had to reset the iPod, then it transferred everything back fine after the update. I also originally used it on a PC.

Lee Tom