ipod 2 ipod for mac

Discussion in 'iPod' started by apachie2k, Oct 22, 2006.

1. apachie2k macrumors 6502

apachie2k

i have 2 ipods, a 40GB (4g) and 60GB (5g)... with 10GB on my comp...so how can i transfer songs between them without putting them on my HD and deleting them after, it's a real mess...

just looking for a clean app for os X, (hopefully universal), that can transfer songs between ipods w.o the use of my HD...

thanks much, cheers

2. Kardashian macrumors 68020

Kardashian

If you don't have the music on your HD in the first place, how do you update music on your iPods?

I could be wrong, but to transfer files they have to ''go'' somewhere during transfer. :confused:

I don't think you can use your computer as a junction to transfer songs, iPod to iPod, but I may be wrong.

Hopefully someone can shed some light on this :)

3. apachie2k thread starter macrumors 6502

apachie2k

We'll i get my music from multiple computers, and have enabled manually to update song and have enabled disk use...so yeaa i hope some can help meee

4. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

I think it's more work than it's worth, but if you use this hint to view the iPod's song files in Finder, then you might be able to directly drag the tracks into your other iPod in iTunes. I dunno if it'll let you have two iPods connected simultaneously though, I don't remember. :eek:

Also, I think iTunes 7 has troubles with syncing music that's not in an iTunes library with a manually managed iPod. I don't know for sure because my iPods are all automatically syncing playlists. :)