iPod 2004

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by kjdenison, Jan 3, 2004.

1. kjdenison macrumors 6502

i want to buy an ipod, should i buy one now? Or is the keynote going to bring cheaper prices or a new generation of ipods?

2. Kingsnapped macrumors 6502a

Kingsnapped

With Keynote only a couple days away, you would be foolish not to wait.

Take those extra days to perfect your itunes ID3 tags and playlists, you won't regret it.

3. latergator116 macrumors 68000

latergator116

definately wait. The keynote is sure to bring something new.

4. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

yes many believe that mini-ipods will come out shortly, much cheaper models in small sizes. could be cool, tho i'd still go for the larger ipods if you can afford it. much nicer to take all of your music than some of it--

paul

5. kjdenison thread starter macrumors 6502

Agreed

Yes, i am definatley going to wait, but i know i want a 10gig ipod, I haven't seen anything about an update on the 10gig even though it is really an old stlyle now. Its been out forever. So i feel a bit scared to buy one if its gonna be updated really soon. what should i do?

6. skymac macrumors member

Although you should definatly wait since it may very welll bring price drops i dont think capacitys of the current iPODS WILL change however the mini ones are possible. kjdenison the 10GB has been out since day one however the designs and such have been updated with the other two or three models. its not like it still uses first gen features and demensions. My guess is if the high capacity iPods are indeed updated watever new internal features the 20 and 40 get the 10 will get too.Unless for some unknown reason the EOL the ten wich i dont think will happen. With the keynote a day or two away wait beacuase new internal features are possible but not likeley.
    BTW when is the keynote. Well thats enough for this post

7. kjdenison thread starter macrumors 6502

ipod04

keynote in on the 6th. so are you saying the 20 and 40 gig models are actually differn't in cosmetics than the 10. i didn't know this.

8. CMillerERAU macrumors regular

All the 10 Gig iPods miss are the little extras like dock, remote, and carrying case I belive.

9. theipodgod16 macrumors 6502

10. kjdenison thread starter macrumors 6502

I wish

i am glad that apple is puttin out mini ipods if it can improve and help sales. but what about the loyal customers, i mean what about full ipod updates. Its been quite a while since we have seen anything differen't, reward us, we made you #1.

11. theipodgod16 macrumors 6502

you dont have it as bad as us 2nd gen users who dont even get to rate songs or make playlists on our ipods! we supported the ipod earlier than many people buying the ipod now and they get that functionality but we dont???

i mean, if someone bought a tibook in august and then they came out with the albook 2 months later, that tibook user is still allowed to run the same software as is the new albook owner. why does this not apply for ipod users as well? not all of us can afford to upgrade everytime!

12. Sogo macrumors 6502

well thats not fair. Why not complain about not haveing expose before panther?

they will keep imporving their hardware and software. Maybe if they had some kind of download so you 2nd and maybe 1st generation Ipod oweners can have playlist.

13. theipodgod16 macrumors 6502

but i would maybe pay for a 5-10 doller upgrade to version 2.0 for my ipod, it just isnt offered! thats what im complaining about. the fact that there are all those 1st and 2nd gen ipod users out there who bought not even a year ago, paid the same money as everyone else, but are locked out of certain features. You know that would not happen with OS updates, so why with ipod updates?