iPod 20G...buy now? or wait?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by matthewreid, Sep 16, 2005.

1. matthewreid macrumors newbie

matthewreid

When do you think the 5g iPods will come out? Will the 4g's get a price reduction/memory bump soon? I've been saving up for a 20G iPod, but I don't want to buy it if something else better/cheaper is coming soon. What are your thoughts? Anyone have any "inside info" as to when we'll see some change to the lineup?

2. shadowmoses macrumors 68000

shadowmoses

Nobody has a clue, but i don't see the iPod lineup changing for the mean time.....with the Nano just released they will give it time to sink in for the consumer, so maybe we will see the 5g ipod in about 6 months time even longer possibly....

Anyway if your thinking about a Nano go for it i picked one up yesterday and they are no questions my favourite iPod ever, An unbelievable piece of machinery,

ShadOW

3. matthewreid thread starter macrumors newbie

matthewreid

Well, I was originally thinking Nano...for the gym. But I already own a shuffle. So, i've since decided that I want to go ahead and get the 20g, since I don't need a "super-small" device. I just want to make sure that if i buy it next week, that a new one isn't introduced in another week's time.

4. shadowmoses macrumors 68000

shadowmoses

I'm pretty sure you'd be safe with a 20gb iPod purchase they are unlikely to be updated anytime soon, so go ahead,

ShadOW

5. finalcoolman macrumors 6502

At least wait for the Expo to pass on Tuesday, cause you never know.

6. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

i'm waiting for my next ipod i want to see the 5g ones, although the nano now is very tempting but it only will hold a fraction of my music

7. VanMac macrumors 6502a

VanMac

Buy a nano. 4GB is lots. Throw some new music on it every other week.....

8. generik macrumors 601

generik

I just bought a new 60gb recently if that's any consolation =)

It's a nice player as it is already!

9. AP_piano295 macrumors 65816

5th gen has to be video apple has to stay ahead of the game and so far theyve been good at that the nano is the first large flash player ext. I forsee 5th gen deffinitely being video but that means it wont be realeased for a while.

10. Jedi128 macrumors 6502

I too am confused as when to buy an iPod.... I have been wanting one with some space so that I can use it as a portable HD. The nano is so appealing but its just not big enough...... The 20GB sort of seems to run-of-the mill for me, so I have been thinking about a 60GB.... but.......

What I really want is a 30GB so, I might just try to find one on eBay. I keep waiting for Apple to give us mid-line option in the iPod line-up.... a 30GB or a 40GB for $350USD would be great! I'm thinking they might bump the memory here soon. I'm waiting untill after Paris to get one for sure..... even though its very likely that nothing big will happen at Paris, but with Apple, you never know....