iPod 20GB: Buy NOW Or Wait Till Tuesday?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by LaMerVipere, Oct 20, 2004.

1. LaMerVipere macrumors 6502a

LaMerVipere

Okay, so I thought wrong, and figured I could live with just an iPod mini and didn't need all my music on me.

But that didn't pan out. I need all that music on me! BUT, I don't wanna get rid of my mini.

Soooooo, I know there is a music event on Tuesday, but is there any chance they're going to update/touch the iPod 20GB?

Should I buy it tomorrow or buy it after Tuesday?

2. KevRC4130 macrumors 6502

Since yo already have a mini, you should probably play it safe and wait, afterall it is not even a week to wait, and you already have an ipod! If for some reason you NEED the 20gb TODAY, just get it, if there is a new upgrade or model it probably wont be much, if anything the U2 (black?) edition iPod.

3. dornoforpyros macrumors 68040

dornoforpyros

niether. go with a current 40Gig! lol

4. LaMerVipere thread starter macrumors 6502a

LaMerVipere

My friend just got one of those, and jesus it's THICK! Way thicker than the 20GB lol

5. dornoforpyros macrumors 68040

dornoforpyros

really? I've just got a 40gig and I've never actually held a 20 so I'm just used to the 40. But I wouldn't have it any other way :D
    Specially when I bought it about 2 weeks after the click wheel models came out and the trainee working the till accidently charged me for a 20gig model. So I paid for a 20 but resieved a 40.

6. Inkmonkey macrumors 6502

Dang! Where'd you buy it? I gotta go there. ;)

7. mms macrumors 6502a

If you are interesting in a possible U2 model, I would definitely wait. But a new generation of iPods is not coming out so don't count on that. But considering it is less than a week, you might want to play it safe just in case Apple has any tricks up its sleeve (if any, that might be a special promotion or such).

8. dornoforpyros macrumors 68040

dornoforpyros

lol wel it's compusmart in south calgary(canada eh). As a soon as the kid told me my total was $460 I knew he fuct up but I just kept my mouth shut. I think he may of noticed the sticker price of $560 but by that time my card had gone through so I think he was too nervouse to say "oops I gotta ring up another $140" I was quite pleased to get the trainee discount :D

9. abhishekit macrumors 65816

abhishekit

I would wait for the special edition.
    And if it happens and they do release a black iPod I would get one the same day even though I don't really need one now.

10. Logik macrumors 6502a

i thought the ipods were all the same size (physically not storage size)?

11. Jovian9 macrumors 68000

Jovian9

You are obviously fairly new to iPods b/c the 40GB 4G is not thick at all. I doubt you would have even been able to use a 1G or 2G if you think this one is thick.

12. Jovian9 macrumors 68000

Jovian9

I apologize. That reads worse than what I meant for it to be. I just meant that having been an owner of the original 5GB and the 2G 20GB.......all 3G and 4G iPods are very thin in comparison......even the 4G 40GB iPod.

13. Inkmonkey macrumors 6502

I know the Compusmart of which you speak. I'm in Calgary too.

14. dornoforpyros macrumors 68040

dornoforpyros

haha crazy, then give her a go and see if you get this trainee discount...although I some how suspect I just lucked out and that this kid may not have a job anymore :p