ipod 3 gen battery

Discussion in 'iPod' started by sosaysiburke, Apr 15, 2009.

1. macrumors member

sosaysiburke

i know its kind of stupid but i have a old 20 gig i beleive its the 3rd gen the one with the 4 backlit buttons and i prefer the way it looks to the new ones but the battery died a while back . i found that the batteries are like 14 dollars so i was wondering if the installation was easy or even worth it

2. macrumors 68040

Scarlet Fever

It's pretty easy to do. Just follow the instructions at iFixit.

3. thread starter macrumors member

sosaysiburke

awesome thats where i had found the parts but my brain must have melted i forgot they had guides thanks. looks pretty simple

4. macrumors Core

Dagless

It's very simple. I bought a battery for my girlfriends 3G iPod, the text was in chinese but it was simple enough to understand. The hardest bit was separating the 2 layers where you have to jam a ruler or something thin (this came with a kind of tool which resembled a hardened glue spreader from the old school days).

5. macrumors 68030

bozz2006

i changed the battery on my 5th gen ipod a few months ago with a battery from ipodjuice. very simple. and fun to DIY

6. thread starter macrumors member

sosaysiburke

ya i expected it would be i mean i have a newer ipod but i just cant get past the looks and feel of the older one plus i have had so many compliments/ offers to buy it i really like it and on top of all that it was my first ipod i was like 13 and it has my name engraved on it haha