iPod 30GB...Refurb or New?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by bill4588, Oct 15, 2006.

1. bill4588 macrumors 6502a

bill4588

For Christmas I want a white 30GB iPod, mainly because I like the feel and look better than my current 2GB black nano. But I'm not sure if I should ask for a refurbished 30GB one or a brand new one. If I get the refurb, I'll have a greater chance of also getting a digital camera (nothing really nice just a cheap simple one), but if I get a new one I'll have the longer battery life and the brighter screen with nothing else. If this choice were up to you, what would you choose?

2. mike dunx macrumors regular

I would deffinately go with the refurbished one. The new/minor extra features on the 5.5gen iPods aren't worth the extra, what 70 bucks? Plus both a camera and an iPod for christmas? Can't go wrong there.

3. PaRaGoNViCtiM macrumors 6502a

I have to agree here. The price on refurb iPods is amazing right now!
    I recently bought a new 80GB iPod because I needed the extra storage, if I wanted a 30GB, I definitely would've went refurb!

4. bill4588 thread starter macrumors 6502a

bill4588

yeah after some thought and advice from you and others I've decided to get the refurb with the camera! i dont know what i was thinking lol...it seems like such a no-brainer.

5. awraisch macrumors newbie

i must agree . . . i just bought a refurb 30GB myself, it feels like it's brand new. get the refurb, you'll never second guess your decision!

6. ctsport1234 macrumors regular

7. adamchase macrumors member

hows the appreance of the refub? Is it noticable that its refurbished?

8. rockthecasbah macrumors 68020

rockthecasbah

refurbs look like they are completely new. I think they put the components in new casing or something, they even come with the same plastic wrapping as new :)

9. joshwest macrumors 65816

joshwest

REFURB they are in new condition comes with everything but the nifty box, the box does nothing but resale value.

10. jTreu macrumors 6502

11. fivetoadsloth macrumors 65816

fivetoadsloth

Go with refurbed and by xmas ill guess the refurbs will e the new ones anyway.

12. KevKaos macrumors 6502

I say that is a good call. The extra features of the ver 5.5 weren't enough for me to pay the extra bucks. My only concern was that I didn't want a refurb that looked used and abused. No problem there, every refurb I have seen looks brand spankin' new. I love my refurb 60GB Video.

Good call fivetoadsloth. You are probably correct.

13. Bob Jovi macrumors regular

i brought a refurb 30gb iPod this week but didn't get the slip case with it? did this happen to anyone else?