Ipod 30gb Video to Ipod touch

Discussion in 'iPod' started by macornomac, Oct 27, 2007.

1. macrumors 6502

Hey guys just wanted to know some things. I have the 30gb ipod video now. I was thinking of maybe getting the ipod touch. Is it possible to transfer all my crap from the ipod 30gb to the new ipod touch. Also don't have much on the 30 gb maybe less then 1gb. Thanks guys.

2. macrumors 68020

Willis

Well... if you plug the iPod Touch into your computer, iTunes will put all the stuff on there like it did for your iPod...

3. macrumors 601

If it's on your computer (the one you sync your current iPod to), then it will also sync to another iPod. Easy as cake, pie, chicken, or any other good food that you may prefer.

4. thread starter macrumors 6502

Well none of the stuff is on my macbook. Haha what I usually do is get the songs to my itunes then transfer to my ipod. Then I delete it all in itunes. So all on my ipod. Just wanted to know if I could transfer from an ipod to an ipod.

5. macrumors 68020

Willis

I dont understand how thats actually possible with the way you're doing it but...

I think theres 3rd party software out there that lets you rip whats on your iPod to your HDD. I guess you can do that and then sync it back to the Touch..

6. macrumors 6502a

Shoesy

Thats really not a good idea.

7. macrumors 6502

Ya, that is

I run my Nano like that, But i guess try highlighting the music, and put it in library i guess

8. thread starter macrumors 6502

Well I never keep any of the songs on my macbook because I just want the free HD space. Plus I never listen to the songs on the macbook. So why keep it on there right? haha it's just me.