Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hssky97

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 20, 2010
I am currently repairing an ipod touch digitizer and I wanted to sync it w/the computer one more time, but........ I tried plugging it into my macbook and it wouldn't show the lock screen or anything? I tried recovery mode but that didn't work. No sign of power at all either...can someone help me please!!!! :confused:

peapody

macrumors 68040
Oct 7, 2007
San Francisco, CA
I am currently repairing an ipod touch digitizer and I wanted to sync it w/the computer one more time, but........ I tried plugging it into my macbook and it wouldn't show the lock screen or anything? I tried recovery mode but that didn't work. No sign of power at all either...can someone help me please!!!! :confused:

No sign of power is not a good sign. Get a new ipod.

MattA

macrumors 6502
May 15, 2006
Orlando, FL
The 3rd Generation iPod charges on firewire only. If you plugged it in via USB and the battery is dead, you won't see anything. Charge it with the FW charger or use the FW cable to plug it in.

hssky97

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 20, 2010
No sign of power is not a good sign. Get a new ipod.

I was trying to avoid that, but I have some good news I tried DFU and recovery mode a few more times and my computer recognized it but the display wasn't
on, I tried restoring it for the heck of it, but it a message came up saying there was an error and the ipod could not be restored. Should I just buy an LCD along w/ the digitizer I'm replacing? I'm getting it kinda cheap plus, I get a full refund if I return it and pay for shipping. So should I just go for it? :confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.