iPod 4G behaves strangly

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by maradong, Sep 16, 2004.

1. maradong macrumors 65816

maradong

Howdy all,

I am experiencing some (for me) strange things with my iPod 4G. And because I have never owned an iPod before I don't know if the behavior is perfectly normal or if it isn't... :D

Well, basically everything works perfectly during the week. I listen to the music every morning for like 2 hours, but on saturday and sundays I normally don't. Not if the iPod isn't running from friday to monday it just turns completely of, which is of course normal as well. But what I really don't like about that is that it just forgets every setting I have ever done. The clicking noise which is pretty annoying just reappears, the backlight is switched on again... Basically it just resets the settings to default.

Could please somebody tell me whether that is normal or not, and if it is possible to change it, what I have to do, to get rid of that in my humble opinion faulty behavior.

Thanks in advance.

p.s. I am pretty sure I didn't use a single abreviation in this post ;-) You can congratulate me on that one :p

2. LimeiBook86 macrumors 604

LimeiBook86

Sounds screwy... :confused: Sounds to me like you should go call up Apple, you might have a defective on your hands...

3. neilah macrumors newbie

sounds defective

If the battery isn't completely and utterly dead come Monday mornings (which could point you towards a 'total dead battery = reset prefs' thing), it sounds like your iPod is defective.