iPod 4G Charging Times

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ShStylo, Sep 12, 2010.

1. macrumors member

I just drained my battery for the first time, only took about an hour to charge to 100%. I'm worried I may have a faulty battery as on the site it says

Charging times: Fast charge in about 2 hours (80% capacity), full charge in about 4 hours.

Can anyone confirm? My first cycle lasted me for about 2 days with probably 2 hours of gaming and couple hours of just dling, installing, playing with different apps. Didn't really listen to any music and I left the Wifi and Skype on for 2 nights.

Thanks.

2. macrumors regular

You should probably just wait till you charge it again to compare.

I just charged mine earlier from 20% and it took around 2hrs for completion. I also thought it took a little quicker than what I'm used to with previous models, but this is also a new ipod as of a few days ago, so I'll be doing more comparisons later on after a couple more charges/cycles.

3. macrumors 6502a

Gaming is a battery killer.

RIght now I am doing a battery test. I'm running videos at 50%, wifi OFF, and volume at 50%. So far I'm at 4:25, and the battery indicator is at 50%. Specs call for 7 hours of runtime while watching video...

4. macrumors 65816

tablo13

By 100% do you mean the electrical cord sign on the battery status?

Attached Files:

5. macrumors regular

Using Batter Doctor, it took 2 hours and 38 minutes to do a full cycle charge from 10% on my 32g. This was the first charging out of the box.

FWIW
    DLM

6. macrumors 6502a

not necessarily. A surface charge can cause that icon to display. charge another hour or so, to be sure you get a FULL charge. Also, as a touch owner for about 2 years I can tell you that icon displays SOMETIMES when the battery is low and first plugged in. (we have a couple of 2G touchs, and now a 4G) It's not infallible.

7. thread starter macrumors member

I'm using Battery Magic to gauge my battery percentage. Not sure if it is the most accurate thing in the world but it's one of the top apps so I thought it'd be good.

Is Battery Doctor better?