Ipod 5G humor me question

Discussion in 'iPod' started by Dino451, Oct 12, 2007.

1. macrumors 6502

I have a original 5g ipod; if i were to buy a replacement 5.5g screen would I get the same benefit(battery/brightness) from it on my old 5g? I am just curious

2. macrumors 65816

iDAG

There's no reason to go and do this:eek: Its more cost effective to go out and buy a new classic. I hope you r not doing this just for laughs and not 4 real:)

3. macrumors 6502

rph105

yh u mayaswell go and buy the new classic ipod, instead of tryna replace certain parts of ure unit

4. macrumors Core

Dagless

Pardon?

I suppose in theory it would work, since the screen has a 0-100% setting, if the software tells the screen to go to 100% brightness then it won't be 50% on screen. If you get my drift. I wouldn't put money on it but there's no reason why this wouldn't work!

5. macrumors regular

What the hell?

I can't understand it when people type 'ur' because they just saved two extra letters. But 'ure'?

u mayaswell go and lern englsh mate.

6. thread starter macrumors 6502

I saw a screen on ifixit for $50. It said (new) as in the new 5.5g screens. I have no real plans to do this, just curious. Oh and how is it better to spend $50 dollars then $250 for a new classic? I noticed my screen is dim and lacks the color of my 3g nano; so I was just wondering if it were possible/get the benefits.

7. macrumors 65816

teleromeo

Don't forget you use an universal language and a lot of stragers like me are hanging around here trying to decode all those funny creative sentences.

On topic now.
    I think you better sell your G5 and buy one with the screen you like instead of mocking it up.

8. macrumors 65816

twistedlegato

u guyz sux att tping

:rolleyes: