iPod 5g loose screen

Discussion in 'iPod' started by FireArse, May 23, 2006.

1. FireArse macrumors 6502a

Oct 29, 2004
    I Just got a new iPod 5G in Black, but the first thing I noticed was a loose case. I mean, the plastic bit (with the screen) moves about half a millimetre around the silver metal case. You can feel it with your thumb if you nudge it a little. Its very annoying, I only opened it 10 minutes ago - do you think Apple Retail in Brent Cross (in the UK) would swap for a brand new one? I'm kinda unsatisfied to be honest.

I must note, I got the iPod through an Insurance claim (but to my knowledge the external supplier sent me a brand new one)

2. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

Aug 20, 2005
    Thank you Jah...I'm so Blessed
  3. neocell macrumors 65816

May 23, 2005
    Great White North
    Sounds like it was a refurb model that had one or some of the tabs broken off on the repair. Yeah, I'd return it, but because of the insurance thing I don't know how easy that would be with the apple store. Good luck though
  4. FireArse thread starter macrumors 6502a

Oct 29, 2004
    Thanks guys

Thanks for your thoughts guys, really appreciated.

I did a quick check on the Apple support pages:

iPod 5th Generation
    Our records indicate that your product is covered under Apple’s Limited Warranty and your estimated date of purchase was 17-Mar-06. Based on this data, your product will be covered by Apple service warranty for 298 more days. Please register this product today.

Is this a refurb - or did the supplier buy it from Apple at that date? I haven't registered the iPod yet, will do tomorrow pending the outcome. I'm not happy. Will be in Brent Cross tomorrow. Less than a few hours old!