Ipod 5G Slow when cycling through songs?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by Crypty, Nov 14, 2005.

1. Crypty macrumors newbie

Jan 10, 2004
    I have a bunch of songs not from the iTunes music store, and I have added the album art for all of them just by getting the art on google and putting it into place in iTunes.

When I go through the songs with left and right, it seems to take a bit of time to load the album art, and thus everything is slowed down. If I press right 5 times in 2 seconds, it will take 5-8 seconds to move to the correct song.

I am fairly certain this is due to the album art and I am wondering if anyone has a similar problem, or a fix for it.

Also, when I downloaded the album art, the images were of varying sizes. Should I have made them all the same small size before linking them to my songs and loading them to my ipod? Or are they resized automatically in itunes so that the ipod does not have to compress them?
  2. Jay42 macrumors 65816

Jul 14, 2005
    Are you sure this problem is due to album art? What happens when hitting the next button five times in a playlist with only iTMS purchased songs or songs without album art?

If it is really the album art, try using a program such as Fetch Art.
  3. playaproved macrumors regular

Sep 29, 2005
    Try restoring your iPod. Mine did this and my girls nano did as well... I restored them and now they work fine.
  4. john159 macrumors regular

Nov 6, 2005